Antony Worrall Thompson's Goats Cheese and Avocado Soup
· 2 handfuls parsley leaves
· 2 handfuls baby spinach, washed
· 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
· 225g very soft young goat’s cheese
· 300ml double cream
· 2 ripe haas avocados, stoned, peeled and diced
· 600ml vegetable stock
· 1 teaspoon lemon juice
The following seasoning is suggested in the recipe but obviously you can adapt these as you require depending on your tolerance.
· 1/2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
· 1 tablespoon chopped coriander
· 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
· 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
· Salt and ground black pepper
- Boil a pan of salted water and cook the parsley and spinach for 3 mins, drain and plunge with cold water. Drain and squeeze out most of the water.
- Blend in a food processor or liquidiser with 3 tablespoons of the oil.
- Meanwhile place half the goat’s cheese in a bowl with 3 tablespoons of double cream and 2 teaspoons of the remaining oil. Mash to combine; season with salt and pepper, and refrigerate until a half hour before use.
- Put the avocado, stock, lemon juice, Tabasco, ground coriander and ground cumin into the food processor with the parsley puree. Blend until smooth
- Add the remaining goats cheese, cream, oil and chopped coriander and pulse until smooth. Don’t over process or the soup could split. Pour the soup into a tureen. Thin if necessary with more stock and refrigerate.
- Serve the soup in chilled bowls with a dollop of goat’s cheese puree and a little diced avocado if you require. This is an excellent summer soup, kept green by the addition of parsley and spinach.
This recipe has been kindly donated by the Mouth Cancer Foundation
It is one of many recipes in a book called:
Brenda’s Easy-to-Swallow Cookbook
Brenda was a remarkable person who was diagnosed with mouth cancer herself and put together this book with the help of celebrity chefs Nigella Lawson, Rick Stein, Antony Worrall Thompson and Phil Vickery, all of whom have provided recipes.
All funds from the sale of the book goes to the Mouth Cancer Foundation so for your copy go to ….
or call 01924 950 950