Following the success of our 4th workshop held at the Liverpool Maritime Museum in October 2004, the 5th International HRQOL workshop was held in Liverpool on the 2nd-3rd November 2006. The presentations from the two days are available with the authors' permissions to be downloaded.
This page has information about all Conferences in our 'Events' calendar, looking forward plus going back 15 years.
7th International Workshop
Thursday 4th & Friday 5th November 2010
Liverpool Maritime Museum
- Prof Galina Velikova, Leeds
- Mr Vinidh Paleri, Newcastle
- Prof Gerry Humphris, St Andrews
- Mr Derek C Stewart, OBE, Nottingham
This year the workshop will be split into four sections
- Thursday morning
- overview of Patient Reported Outcomes
- Patient Concerns expressed in clinic
- MDT involvement
- an update in H&N since the last workshop
- Thursday afternoon - functional outcomes (e.g speech, swallowing, nutrition, PEG, chemoradiotherapy)
- Friday morning - Psychological aspects (e.g. depression, life style - alcohol / smoking, fear of recurrence)
- Friday afternoon - The patient and carer perspective (e.g information, diagnosis, treatment burden, finance, bereavement)
The workshop is suitable for all members of the H&N MDT. Throughout the meeting there will be free papers - please consider submitting an abstract. Also there will be plenty of time for discussion and sharing best practice.
Course organiser: Prof Simon Rogers, Liverpool
8th International Quality of Life Conference
Thursday 8th & Friday 9th November 2012
The Hard Days Night Hotel, Liverpool
Course Organiser, Professor Simon Rogers Liverpool
12 CPD points
This year's conference brings together an international selection of presentations with wide experience in the field. Contributions from a variety of backgrounds and disciplines will help to consolidate a wide spectrum of viewpoints and provide a unique opportunity for coherent dialogue.
You will see from the programme that the workshop has been roughly divided into four sections
and there has been an attempt to fit the free papers around these themes:
i. Thursday morning we will address general issues
ii. Thursday afternoon emphasis is more towards function
iii. Friday morning we will consider psychological aspects
iv. Friday afternoon there is slightly more patient and carer focus
For more information on the 2012 conference - click on the link below!
10th International H&N Quality of Life Conference.
The 10th International Head and Neck Quality of Life Conference was held at the Medical Institute on the 10th and 11th of November 2016.